As you all are aware Instagram, Facebook, even blogs, can seem a bit sugar coated. This new trend of sharing some key information about ourselves to our readers is one we definitely approve of. We love to connect with our readers and want you to feel like you know us a bit better. So here it goes…a little something about me first…me would be Denise.
- I met my husband at a church dance at the young age of 17, we were married 3 years later. We’ve just celebrated our 35th anniversary. Where does the time go??
- We have 3 grown and married daughters. They all live in different locations, Okotoks, Alberta, Madison Wisconsin and Edmonton, Alberta.
- I have 6 grandchildren ages 5 – 11. They take precedence now over everything. If you are a grandma you will understand.
- I am a runner. I completed the Salt Lake City marathon at the age of 50. I ran the race with my 2 oldest daughters. I beat them. (may be slightly competitive)I have since done several triathlons, duathlons, and 1/2 marathons.
- I have a passion for home decor and renovating…its an expensive habit but rewarding
- I come from a family of 10. My father passed away at 93 and my mother lives in a home. She has dimensia and sometimes can’t remember my name but knows who I am. Visiting her is the highlight of my life. I am still learning from her.
- I am a Mormon. If you have no idea what that is check out lds.org.
- I love to go to movies. Like several times a week. Its a problem perhaps.
- I spend my summers in Montana where I literally forget to do my hair, makeup and get dressed. Its refreshing.
- I am a firm believer in giving to those less fortunate…it costs me a fortune to walk downtown where there are homeless. It’s way to unfair. It breaks my heart.
Its a pretty simplified version of obviously who I am.. of course I left out the parts about my mood swings, or aches and pains or insecurities. But here’s the thing, we all have those sides to us but the idea is to focus on all the many wonderful characteristics we all possess. It was kinda like therapy here, writing down some facts about myself. We would love to get to know you too. If you have a minute send us a comment and tell us about you.
I hope you have a wonderful day, and make someone else’s day a bit brighter.