The Christmas countdown is on and it’s all out survival mode over here. My list making habit is in full force and this is one time of year where my addiction comes in really handy. The thrill of plotting, planning and them putting a checkmark through items on my to do list never gets old. This simple habit helps motivate me and makes me feel calm when I feel like things are moving too fast.
The idea of making a list certainly isn’t a new one but it’s a great reminder. What better way to give you holiday advice than by… you guessed it, making a list!
- Paper Up. Buy yourself a notebook that you like! There’s lots of options and some even have inspiring quotes on the front. I like my notebooks big enough to write in and small enough to fit in my purse. I’ve had boring notebooks that I haven’t liked and I didn’t enjoy using them. For maximum list making happiness, buy a pretty notebook. Here is a few notebooks I love.
- Think Small. There’s no point in making a list so big you can’t possibly accomplish it. The motivating part of list making is crossing items off the list. Make your list manageable or you’ll set yourself up for failure.
- Start With The Worst. Sometimes my least favourite task cripples me from accomplishing any task. More often than not, the dreaded task I’m avoiding really only takes 30 minutes. I also make myself move as fast as I can and sometimes even set a timer to hurry the pace so that I don’t get distracted.
- Praise Yourself. The power of positivity is astonishing. Each time I accomplish an item on my to-do list, I tell myself, “Erika, you’re getting things finished! Good job lady!” The positive energy the words hold are contagious and that energy multiplies and motivates me to keep moving forward.
- Delegate. What better way to get something finished than to assign it to someone else. Chances are there is at least one item on your list that someone else can do, should do or would like to do.
Making lists is a habit I’ll continue keeping. I like to feel accomplished, focus on meaningful things and most importantly enjoy the journey. My daily to-do list is a reminder that I am grateful for each day and the opportunity it brings. Good luck with all the holiday craziness friends!
Want to cross a few more gifts off your list? Here are some time-saving gifts for you to buy on Amazon! Check out our Amazon page here! Every item will ship to your door in 2 days!